Furr became the youngest artist to have ever officially painted Queen Elizabeth II, when in 1995 - at the age of twenty eight - he was invited by the Queen to paint her portrait at Buckingham Palace. The work was commissioned by and hangs at the Royal Overseas League, St James, London.
'Staying Alive' was a recent exhibition of Neon Art work Furr created with Chris Bracey and hosted at London's premier Art Hotel 45 Park Lane. www.stayingaliveneon.com. Artwork from Christian Furr features in the permanent collection at 45 Park Lane - the third hotel in the UK from the Dorchester Collection.
In 2012 Furr curated the Art exhibition 'Liverpool Love' featuring some of the countries leading and emerging artists at the New Museum of Liverpool in aid of the childrens hospice Claire House
Currently painting a portrait of Burlesque Star - Dita Von Teese - Notable recent portraits include the late HRH Crown Prince Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor for Westminster Cathedral and Tim Henman (for Robinsons). Christian has appeared on several television shows judging and teaching Art and written a book, entitled ‘Take Art’.
In June 2004 the artist collected an AoC Gold Award at the House Of Commons, given to further education college alumni who have gone on to achieve excellence in their chosen field. Former winners include Jamie Oliver, Betty Boothroyd and Jimmy Choo.
Born in Heswall, Wirral in 1966. He lives in London with his wife Emma and three daughters.
He has exhibited around the world and at shows and galleries including the Saatchi Gallery in 2010 when he acted as Judge and curator for the 'Art of Giving', The Royal Society of Portrait Painters, The National Portrait Gallery and the Royal Watercolour Society. He is currently on the council of the Chelsea Arts Club and was recently appointed to the committee of the British Inspiration Awards.
HRH Duke of Edinburgh, The Ritz London, 45 Park Lane (Dorchester Collection - London, Jerry Hall, Britvic, GE, Michael Caine, The Denham
- Guest Speaker, London Best Learners Awards, House of Commons
- MCCA Best Award- Robinsons Commission
- AoC Gold Award, House of Commons
- Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Scholarship
-Thomas Van Straubenzee and Lady Melissa Percy
- Dita Von Teese
- HRH Crown Prince Sultan Bin Abdul Aziz
- The Big Paint, Robinsons - Robinsons commissioned the artist to produce a commemorative work of Art featuring Tim Henman and Fred Perry for Wimbledon. The queuing public recreated the image on a giant 16ft x 9ft canvas at Wimbledon. 'The Great Draw' won The Best Award for ‘Best & Most Effective Long Term Communication Campaign' at the MCCA Awards (Marketing Communications Consultants Association) 2006
- Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Connor, Westminster Cathedral
- Bishops O'Donoghue & Stack, Westminster Cathedral
- Sir Donald Irvine, President General Medical Council
- Professor Robert Shaw, President RC of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians
- Dr Robert Kendall OBE, President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- John Dougill, Chief Executive; Institution of Structural Engineers
- Roger Sainsbury MA F.Eng F.I.C.E President, Institution of
- Dr Lotte Newman CBE, FRCGP, President Royal College of General
- Noel and Leslie Botham; French House
- Queen Elizabeth II; Royal OverSeas League
- Maneck Dalal, Chairman; ROSL
- Professor of Microbiology, Leicester University
- BTec Graphic Design
De Montfort University
- 1st Class Degree in Fine Art
Wirral Metropolitan College
- Foundation Course
- John Blake Publishing 2008
'The Lost Art'
- John Blake Publishing 2007